I know. This book looks like a chick book but that’s not enough of a reason to stop me from laying my hand on it when it’s all about Parisian chic.
Well, I actually struggled a little before pressing the “Add to Cart” button but look! Here it is.
“Lessons from Madame Chic” is by Jennifer Scott, who’s also a blogger at The Daily Connoisseur. The book talks about the Parisian art of living, and the lessons which Jennifer discovered and picked up during her time as a US foreign exchange student in Paris.
The content of the books essentially made up of 20 chapters. I don’t think all 20 lessons will be applicable to men, but I believe the underlying principles should be universal.
Here’s a few chapters that really caught my attention:
- Chapter 1: Snacking is so not chic
- Chapter 2: Deprive Yourself Not
- Chapter 5: Find Your True Style
- Chapter 8: Look Presentable Always
- Chapter 10: Always use the Best Things You Have
- Chapter 11: Live Life as a Formal Affair
- Chapter 14: Cultivate an Air of Mystery (wow is that what makes Parisian women Parisian women?)
- Chapter 18: Find simple pleasures
- Chapter 19: Value quality over All
I will definitely share with you my discovery as I go through the book. I wonder if there’s any lesson by Monsieur Chic (the husband of Madame Chic.)
I bought it on Amazon on 2 February and it arrived this morning (almost 4 weeks.) If you’re interested you can get it here:
Do let me know if you know of any similar books that are specially written for men. Have a nice day. :)